India’s #1 EV technology specialized learning platform in collaboration with
Why we're ranked #1
Specialized and Industry FocusedWe’re India's first and only EV technology learning platform which is specialised and offers industry focused certification courses.
Technology Learning ExperienceAutobot Learning Studio™ is a unique and powerful tool which offers world class technology learning experience to learners with virtual hands-on experience.
Learning Collaborations and RecognitionAutobot Academy offers the widest range of exclusive certification and courses in collaboration with top EV companies with global recognition to learners.
- India's only specialised certification course in Lithium Battery Design and Development
- Grow you career 3x with Autobot Level 2 advanced certification courses
- Course is designed by the domain experts with global EV industry best practices
- Dedicated success mentor
- 10+ Core projects and case studies
- EV industry most recommended certification course in Battery specialisation
- Become unique in skills, knowledge and recognition among the competition
- Aid your industry level professional exposure with industry graded projects
- Weekly LIVE doubt resolution session by experts
- Pay fee in easy EMI at zero cost
- TOP SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN You will learn to develop the domain specialised capability in the area of Cell to Module to Pack level design, development industrial parameters, manufacturing process understanding, testing and homologation technical exposure, system to vehicles level integration, packaging and testing of a battery pack. You will also learn about software tools to understand the softskills and their application for system design, thermal design consideration and its packaging and many more.
- CAREER OPPORTUNITY The lithium-ion batteries market in India is expected to grow significantly in the next five years. Some of the important initiatives by the Government of India that will accelerate the growth of this market are National Electric Mobility Mission Plan 2020, with a projection of getting 6-7 million electric vehicles on Indian roads by 2020 and a target of 175 GW installation of renewable energy by 2022. JMK Research estimates the annual lithium-ion battery market in India to increase at a CAGR of 37.5% to reach 132 GWh in 2030. The cumulative lithium-ion battery market size is estimated to increase from 2.9 GWh in 2018 to reach about 800 GWh by 2030.
- WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR? This course is for the candidates who are willing to make a job change or start an afresh career in the Battery domain or want to become a Battery engineer. Professionals with Design and Simulation/testing and validation/R&D/Development may also opt for this course.
- ELIGIBILITY Any graduate engineering student Post Graduation student 0-4 Years Industry professional to enhance their battery domain knowledge Industry professional with 5+ years of experience (non-EV&ESS) who are looking to learn and develop knowledge in Battery pack design and development. Entrepreneurs are interested in gaining knowledge of batteries and BMS Faculties and Research Fellos
Stand out with Autobot globally recognized GRADE certificate and make a distinctive pace in your EV career.
Autobot Grade Certificate is a globally recognized and industry-accepted certificate issued by Autobot Academy in association with Autobot India or other industry partners which is awarded to only qualified learners who complete the course with a minimum of 60 percent throughout the course.
Earn course participation certificate by Autobot Academy at the end of the course.
LiB Design and Development for EV We will start by taking a look at the basics of the Energy storage system of Electric vehicles, various cell chemistries and compositions and various cell manufacturers. Following this, we will go through a detailed cell manufacturing process, module & pack level design process to understand the factors that have led to the coming of Lithium-ion batteries in today's time. At last, we will discuss the Industrial aspects of lithium-ion batteries affecting EV market trends for the last decade and current and upcoming scenarios. Case Study: Cell shape and size comparison in different categories of EV. Case Study: Which Cell used in Tesla Model S and Why?
Mechanical Design and Electrical Architecture of Battery Pack This module will begin with the battery's capacity requirement in EVs with calculation to finalize energy consumption, vehicle range and battery basic specification. In further discussion, it will conclude the mechanical design requirement using a variety of cell holders to form series or parallel cell connections which may provide battery structural strength to the battery pack. The electrical safety requirements will play an important role to develop a better battery pack. This method will also help us to understand lithium-ion cell limitations and battery management systems requirements. Case Study: Tesla Model X & Nissan Leaf battery pack design
Battery Management System Design and Development It is very obvious that BMS is used to monitor, manage and control the lithium-ion battery but this module will cover the key role BMS will play. Parameters used in BMS and above all the components used to develop such sophisticated systems. Since different lithium-ion batteries have different electrical and thermal behaviour a BMS should be a very specific design with the required working flow diagram and algorithms for better battery life. Case Study: LV & HV BMS architecture for different categories of battery
Battery Pack System Integration, Testing and Homologation The requirement of battery packaging is one of the most crucial and important sections of battery pack development which ensures the better life of lithium-ion battery packs. The module covers such important topics. In continuation, this module will also cover the Battery and BMS testing requirements, methods to gain better reliability confidence. Case Study: Hyundai KONA battery thermal management and immersion cooling system
- Lithium-ion cell chemistry, size & shape, manufacturing and Testing overview
- Technical exposure for Cell selection methodology
- Battery management system design and development
- Battery pack packaging and thermal management system
- Clear understanding of Anode & Cathode Materials
- Technical exposure for Cell manufacturing & Testing
- Global overview of Cell suppliers & Commercials
- To get clear understanding about electrical energy requirements & System Voltage
- Complete overview of battery pack packaging module & pack level
- Complete softskill experience on design and simulation software and tools
- Technical exposure of Battery pack safety
- Technical exposure about Requirement Engineering of BMS
- Complete understanding about Electrical & Electronics used in BMS
- Battery pack safety & Telematics overview
- Technical exposure about battery pack packaging for all category of EVs
- Complete overview of Battery pack Homologation and Testing
- Technical overview of Battery Thermal Management System (BTMS)
- EOL Testing & Simulation of Battery pack
- To learn and understand the complete life cycle process of Battery Pack Design and Development for the EV application
- If you are looking to make job change in the EV industry in the domain of Battery and BMS
- If you are looking to join EV and ESS industry with Battery Design and Development specialisation
- To become Autobot Level 2 certified Battery Engineer
- If you are looking to develop industry standard exposure in projects and insights
- To develop the core competency in Cell to Module to Battery Pack level on system and vehicle level
- The market for lithium-ion batteries in India is expected to register a CAGR of 1% during the forecast period. The market value of 2019 is USD 1.89 billion, and the estimated market value for the year 2026 is USD 4.84 billion.
- Key Battery manufacturers in India who are heavily investing in Advance Cell Chemistries, Cell and Battery Manufacturing in India are Amar Raja Batteries Limited, Exicom Tele-Systems Limited, Exide Industries Ltd, Hero Electric Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., Okaya Power Pvt. Ltd., Panasonic India Private Limited (Panasonic Corporation), Samsung SDI Company Limited (Samsung SDI Co., Ltd.), Tata AutoComp GY Batteries Private Limited, Tata Motors Limited and Toshiba India Pvt. Ltd.
Industry Mentors and Resources
- Industry mentors, learning resources, personalised learning experience and graders will help you along the way to resolve any subject matters related queries
- They grade your assignments and share one-on-one feedback
Autobot Learning Studio (ALS)™
- More freedom to learn with projects virtually using Autobot Learning Studio anytime, anywhere
- Autobot Learning Studio™ allows learners to take live notes while taking the lectures and stay accessible for a lifetime
- Autobot Learning Studio allows learners to access of our exclusive Q&A directory within the course for expanding knowledge and doubts clarifications
- Peer-to-peer learning collaboration with 100% expert verified responses to ensure quality learning
- Personalized experts feedback on assignments and projects
- Regular live sessions by experts to clarify concept-related doubts
Autobot Certified Member Community
- Certified learners get the lifetime access to our community for job alerts, industry insights, webinars and knowledge sharing sessions
- Community will help certified learners in career development and to stay updated with industry trends and opportunities
- Certified learners will get the exposure of industry connect and networking opportunities
- Access to Autobot knowledge sharing sessions by industry experts
- Expert mentors guide you on the career path that’s right for you
- Suggestions on setting your short term and long term career goals
- Mentors from various domains help you gain valuable industry insights
- Our dedicated learner success team posts hands-picked opportunities from top organisations relevant to your profile and experience
- Alumni connect for industry insights and interview tips.
- Feedback from experts to make your CV/LinkedIn profile stand out of the crowd
- Tips on customizing your resume for the job profile you are applying to
Interview Preparation Session (Level 2 and above courses)
- 1:1 mock interviews with industry experts to help you land your dream job
- Guidance from our pool of alumni currently in roles you aspire for.
- Develop industry context with case studies and answers to common technical and HR questions
Autobot Member Community (AMC)
- Autobot Certified Members will get lifetime access to AMC.
- Get access to job alerts, trends, and industry insights.
- Opportunity to boost up your credibility in the industry.
- Access to Autobot exclusive knowledge session by experts.
- Lifetime Autobot Forum access for learning, networking, collaborations.